We are aware that many have already departed or currently planning to depart this week, for home destinations in the UK and around the world.
We are also aware that many of you are staying and following the government’s guidelines closely.
We would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Here is some information we put together for you, please make note if necessary.
- Office Closed period: Office will be closed to the public from 25th Dec Saturday – 3rd Jan Monday and will re-open on 4nd Jan Tuesday. Routine Maintenance will not be scheduled for this period of time, however, if it is an emergency, please do still use the office emergency line to report.
- Security of the property: As your house will be empty for a few weeks, It is required that the last person leaving the house take pre-cautions such as: lock all the windows and doors, setting the security alarm, and leaving one or two landing lights on to give the impression that someone is at home.
- Heating of the property: December and Jan are extremely cold period and properties are prone to frost damage during this time of the year especially when extreme weather hits. Therefore, it is required that you take precautions such as: leave the central heating on a constant low – approximately 16c (62F) – to maintain frost free condition. Proper precautions would eliminate the chances of frozen, burst pipes or boiler breaking down during and after the holiday period. If you are on card meter, please make sure that there is enough credit in the meter to last for the holiday period, if the central heating breaks down due to insufficient credit in the meter, the tenants will be responsible for engineer call out charges. if the central heating breaks down due to frozen pipes due to precautions not taken, the tenants will be responsible for engineer call out charges.
- Energy saving: please do not leave all the lights on or heating on higher temperature than 18c whilst you are away with aim to save the some energy.
- Waste and Recycling: If you will be away for more than 1 week, please remember to do your bins before you go away. Please make sure you don’t leave any food out that would go off during this period. Food source will attract vermin such as rats, mice or other types of pests. We suggest you have a sort out of the food in the fridge before you go as well, because nothing is worse than coming back to fridge full of food that is gone off, the smell will be very unpleasant.
- If you are going to be away for more than 1 week, please do let us know the period that the property will be vacant, our team will carry out regular checks on the property, to make sure everything is secure and sound, if there is anything of concern, we will let you know as soon as possible.
If the measures above are taken, then there will be a nice warm house to return to when you are back.
We hope this message helps
And Finally we wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
If you have any questions or need any advice, please don’t hesitate to contact us